Friday, February 26, 2010

getting closer ...

Two weeks to go to Race Day and the last two weeks have been slow in the training department. I had a massive molar removed a week ago and fooled myself into believing that the grinding of my teeth as I inched uphill would adversely affect my dental health - so no cycling for 5 days. On Sunday morning I went out on a 30km ride and felt FABULOUS! What message is that supposed to send to me? That once a week is OK? Sheesh - this head stuff is starting to get to me ...

And now to all who read this blog: if my chronicles have made you smile, if you can relate to the magnitude of the challenge at hand because you are middle aged or overweight, or if you simply delight in the ludicrous pursuit of a massive adventure because it's so good to have a dream that's seemingly ridiculous to others - all of you - I appeal to you for your support! The more people I get to sponsor my efforts out on the road, the greater the incentive to persevere and finish, because the more lives of differently-abled children will be positively impacted. So - check out the flyer below and reach out generously - I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Just wanna wish you all the best for next weekend, I know you have the guts and drive to make it to the end. Will watch the telly like a hawk, hope we spot you. Love Veronica xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do at Argus Zelda? Been rooting for you, and wondering how you did.

    ReplyDelete