Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding The Way

My euphoria regarding the bending right knee was short-lived, with a good dose of reality forcing me to accept that there is no way that my knee gingerly going through a 360 at full stretch is ever going to translate into being able to pedal with force for 109km in 8 weeks' time. The sad reality = my crocked knee could prevent me from competing in the Argus Cycle Tour on 14 March.

The good news is that I LOVE crisis and the challenge has now merely changed shape. The lesson I have taken from this? DON'T try to use what doesn't work - harness what DOES work. My hands and arms are amazing - and lifting Chaeli for 15 years has made me as strong as an ox - soooo ... I will now be competing on a HAND CYCLE. Please feel free to forward the contact details of any good shrinks. My friends reckon I need one. Badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment